Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I want to say a few things about the readings and links we have looked at thus far for the class. I do not have the iMovie book, so I guess I can't really say anything about that. I can say (as I have mentioned before) that iMovie seems to be a pretty easy program to learn. The shortcuts we learned about in class helped out. It saved me time from having to figure it out on my own. Garage Band is a really awesome tool to use for soundtracks or anything else you want to do with music. The Digital Video book has also helped. It is a lot of technical stuff, but still interesting. I've found that I was already preety familiar with most of the content; but it was still a good refresher. It is also a great reference for general digital video concepts and terminology. I have checked out all the links that have been assigned to us, I just haven't had the chance to talk about them. I thought the NY Times article was interesting. The power we have, literally at our fingertips, with computers and the internet is amazing. I found it very honorable that these people are willing to share their experiences of the war with the world. The sections on script writing were also very helpful. I've never written a script, so it was nice to see a few ways that it can be done. I liked the two column method best however, when I write another script, I will probably use a combination of a couple styles or modify the two column style to make it my own. I also liked the variety of clips (mash-ups, narratives, behind-the-scenes) that we were given to look at. They helped out with my thinking process, both on what to do and what not to do. I must say that my favorite one was the narrative done with Flash (I think it was called Epic) about Google and the revolutionization of the information superhighway. It was original and it seemed so very real. It did kind of remind me of The Matrix, however. Over all, the readings and clips have been educational and entertaining. Some of this stuff has opened new doors for me on the web. I am enjoying the class. I'm very glad I decided to take it. I only wish that it was a class offered in a normal semester or the longer summer session so that more time could be spent on developing stories and perfecting final cuts. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home