Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This is my still shot narrative movie. I wanted to do something a little different, so I chose to talk about the night. Most of the photos are my own. Some are grainy and/or blurry because they were shot in nearly complete darkness. I had to do long exposures with no tripod. Most of them were shot in Minnesota a few years ago, but there are some more recent ones. The footage at the end of the movie was shot at 4 am in Minnesota in March! That's why I don't live there anymore. I added sound effects to give it a mysterious feel. The music was composed by me. It's actually just a loop of a 10 second or so cut I did. I also did the voice over. I decided to use an accent (not sure what it is) and speak in a calm voice to add to the effect. It was a tedious process. I did enjoy doing it. Hope you enjoy watching it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Profdorian said...

I was going to ask you about the accent on the VO; it worked. I think that you took a unique approach to the project and did a really nice job with it.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Profdorian said...

I think that the piece went a little bit long - could have been a tiny bit more to the point.

I didn't get the closing shot. When we watched it in class I couldn't figure out what I was seeing. It is an interesting snip, but I don't know if it is really necessary; 'to me' it feels tacked on.

Nice job. You should post this to a few of the sites online.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Profdorian said...

and one more thing, nice job on the music. I like the little piece you wrote.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Brian C said...

Sir, the night is more wondrous after watching this. And your slight accent made me feel that I was again hearing voices in a Mexican desert after the Peyote Festival. Mike G is always scary. But the scariest was the shot of Minnesota--the bathouse that looked like it should be in the Blair Witch Project, and yet even more scariest was the unholy trinity of the jack-o-lanterns of death, life, and Pee Wee Herman cartoons.
Thank you for once again introducing me to the night and becoming interested in its evil, enigmas, and coziness.
Right there, enough.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home